The most important changes are:
– If you have a Tax or BAS agent, you may authorise them to designate their ATO online inbox to receive some or all of your ATO communications. Your myGov inbox will remain your address for us to send electronic communications that are not sent to your agent.
– If you use secret questions and answers to confirm your identity, you should use myGov security codes or the myGov access app to improve your security.
– If you currently use myGov security codes or myGov access app to confirm your identity, from 1 June 2019, it will be mandatory to use them to access ATO online.
I found the above information in my MyGov account. If you are a business or company owner with a MyGov account, chances are you have received the same email.
If you have received this message, here’s what you need to do:
– Read the new Terms and Conditions.
– Your acceptance of the new Terms and Conditions will be deemed granted if you do not unlink the ATO from your myGov account before 1 June. To unlink the ATO, log into myGov, select ‘Services’ and select ‘Unlink’.